- Симпозіум для молоді від WIIS у Вашингтоні (США)
Організація WIIS (Women in International Security) організовує п’ятиденний симпозіум для молоді в Вашингтоні, США. Симпозіум буде присвячений дослідженню питань міжнародної безпеки з гендерної точки зору. Участь візьмуть 24 студенти з різних країн.
Дедлайн – 1 червня 2017 року (далі – англ.).
The five-day symposium will examine international security challenges from a gender perspective and bring together an international cohort of 24 graduate students (MA and PhD students). The symposium is scheduled to take place November 12-19, 2017 in Washington, D.C.
The symposium will feature interactive lectures and seminar discussions on the gender dimensions of international security challenges. In addition, symposium participants will receive professional development and skills training, including how to effectively communicate with the media, write for policymakers, and leverage social media. Participants will also gain exposure to government agencies, international organizations, and think tanks.
Finally, symposium participants will be invited to actively participate in the first workshop of the WPS+GPS research and book project. This project brings together leading scholars and experts across disciplines and across the globe to take stock of WPS+GPS efforts and define the research and policy agendas for the future. WIIS will seek to pair graduate students with senior members of the research and book project and encourage them to set up joint research and writing teams. In addition, selected participants will be requested to write two blogs following the symposium.
Call for Applications
WIIS invites innovative, energetic young leaders to apply for the Next Generation Symposium. Selection for the symposium is based on a competitive application process. WIIS will invite 24 applicants to participate in the program.
Candidates must be:
- Currently enrolled in or a recent graduate of a Masters or PhD program in international affairs, political science, international development, security studies, gender studies, anthropology, or a related discipline. Students who will be enrolled within the next academic year will also be considered;
- Between the ages of 25 and 40;
- Fluent in both spoken and written English;
- All genders are encouraged to apply.
Prospective participants must provide the following application materials:
- Application form that can be found HERE;
- Letter of interest which should address the following:
- Why the applicant is interested;
- How the applicant’s experience, education, and general background would contribute to the Next Generation Symposium; and
- How the Symposium would enhance the applicant’s career moving forward.
- Two letters of reference submitted directly to WIIS by references at: NextGenerationSymposium@wiisglobal.org. The subject line should read, Reference 2017 NGS: applicant’s last name.
- A high-resolution photo
All inquires and application materials can be submitted to: NextGenerationSymposium@wiisglobal.org.
The subject line should read, “Application 2017 NGS: applicant’s last name.”
Applications are due by June 1, 2017. Selected participants will receive formal invitations in late June/early July 2017.